Monday, March 28, 2011

Remembering Kashin & Auckland Zoo

I absolutely love the layouts created in the "From Start to Finish" YouTube videos from Nicole Magouirk from Two Peas in a Bucket. I have been inspired by a number of her videos in the past couple of months and these two layouts are lifts from her. Remembering Kashin - a layout about an elephant we had at our local zoo. I loved visiting this elephant as a child and my son also did as a child. The pasting of Kashin was very sad for our city and country as Kashin was an animal favourite for many New Zealanders who visited the zoo. The Sunday following Kashins death they had a free open day at the zoo where we could go and see Kashins resting place which is now off limits to the public - Bailey and I wanted to go, it was raining out but worth braving the cold and wet. Auckland Zoo - a layout with photos I have had sitting in my stack for a long time.

2 comments:

  1. what great post i remember when Brezzie dies the Sealion from the Central Park Zoo.. i did a layout on him as well.. thanks for being and animal lover such as myself.. stay Blessed... Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a fantastic day when we went to Auckland Zoo, your layouts bring back great memories! It's so sad when a long standing resident, like Kashin, passes. I'm glad you got a chance to say goodbye.

    ReplyDelete