Friday, March 18, 2011

Charity Knitting



I am by no means a knitter. But when I heard about a group of knitters here in New Zealand that make baby vests & beanies for the babies in Africia who are sent home from hospital in newspaper and with no clothing on I wanted to learn to make more then just scalves. My mother who is a talented knitter patiently taught me to the knit the simple patterns I was given from the group.

One of my goals this year was to spend more time volunteering for charity and people less fortunate - and knitting is one of those charities I choose to step up my giving too (I have been knitting for the past 18 months or so).

The photo is my February knits, I have a goal to knit at least two items a week for this year.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great charity.
    Good for you for learning to knit, looks like you are a perfect knitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Tanz. They look really good. Love the charity too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea -
    and your vests and beanies turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete